American Express Careers
Director IT Risk & Information Security – Third Party Security Monitoring
- Prefer 15+ years of experience in Information Security and/or IT Risk organizations
- Third party security experience desired but not required
- Demonstrated expertise in two or more of the following:
- Application Security (web & mobile)
- Third Party Risk Management
- Network and Infrastructure Security
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Third Party Risk Management
- A broad understanding of the terminology, core principles, IT controls and best practices across key risk domains, including: risk assessment methodology, identity and access management, network and infrastructure security, application security, cloud security, data loss prevention, and incident management
- Capable of explaining technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Track record of innovation, results and ability to affect change across functions
- Strategic thought leader, with experience in developing strategies, and processes to deliver against the designed objectives.
- Ability to understand, analyze data and produce meaningful conclusions
- Ability to set priorities, resolve issues, provide guidance and secure engagement and commitment from teams
- Proven ability to drive change across a global organization to improve efficiencies
- Proven management and leadership experience
- Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and change management skills, as well as solid presentation communication skills (written, graphical, quantitative and verbal
- Exceptional ability to engage, educate, influence and collaborate across the enterprise
- Strong sense of personal accountability and ability to drive results
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to handle multiple work streams and support various team member collaborative projects to completion.
- Proven excellent relationship management skills with all levels of the enterprise are required
- Ability to effectively collaborate across teams
- Ability to quickly come up to speed in any area, sufficient to speak with an informed opinion and create a credible impression with stakeholders
- Ability to identify gaps between one’s skill set and the needs of the team.
- Effectively seeking and utilizing feedback from leaders and mentors to address skill gaps
- Ability to clearly present options and make compelling recommendations, using persuasion to gain agreement or pitch an idea
- Involving the right people to ensure the best decisions are made in a timely manner
- Ability to analyze complex information and identify the most relevant details.
- Being flexible and able to adjust to new needs and new technologies, and to be comfortable with ambiguity
- Educational Preference : Master’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Current certifications in CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, COBIT, CEH or PCI highly preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2019, 3:10:31 PM