American Express Careers
Senior Software Engineer
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Senior Software Engineer
If you have a strong will to learn and educate and are motivated by opportunity to help grow our team and be a part of an industry-leading technology and innovations, then look no further! There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express.
At American Express, we are building a new cross functional agile team to deliver best-in-class servicing platform for our customers using modern open source technology operating in the cloud. Team members utilize today’s best engineering practices and techniques to build and ship software in small batches to continuously deliver incremental value.
Located in Sunrise, Florida, American Express has a fresh, fun, collaborative, and creative environment in the new regional headquarters campus— a rare find in South Florida.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Writing excellent code on the platform and services that power American Express global servicing team.
- Figure out how to best build, scale and maintain the platform through monitoring, analytics, and continuous improvement.
- Collaborating with architects, product owners, delivery managers, developers and other scrum teams to deliver a quality product.
- Taking ownership and responsibility of the work at hand and shepherding code through to production. You build it, you run it!
- Mentoring other engineers and actively pair-programming with teammates for collective code ownership.
- Evangelize engineering best practices and techniques throughout the engineering organization.
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of software development experience and building REST APIs, Java is a preferred.
- Experience with various architectures: Domain Driven Design, Microservices, Cloud Native and Event Driven Architecture.
- Experience in Agile development, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience with testing: Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Integration Testing, Load Testing, Test Automation.
- Constant curiosity and a desire to improve yourself and your fellow engineers.
- Experience and exposure to DevOps cultures and practices.
- Experience with messaging and streaming technology.
- Exposure to Financial Services and Banking concepts.
- High energy with a strong desire to learn.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 8:17:14 AM