American Express Careers
Software Engineer - Java/J2EE
- Serving as a core member of an Engineering team that designs and develops software applications.
- Troubleshooting such applications.
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing.
- Effectively interpreting technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulating sound solutions.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- 1-3 years of expertise in objected oriented analysis and design.
- Understanding of Java, J2EE, XML, and web services technologies.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Business/MIS, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of database structures and functioning, especially Oracle db, a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, design, software development, testing, and implementation.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with a broad constituency base (e.g., Business, Tech, etc.).
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2019, 3:15:28 PM