American Express Careers
Senior Executive Assistant (Non Exempt)
- Organizing and proactively maintaining the calendar, including scheduling meetings with senior leaders across multiple time-zones, with a high level of tact and integrity; recognizing critical nature of requests and initiatives, while ensuring prioritization of key meetings
- Arranging, confirming, and proactively managing detailed calendars; handling all aspects of complex senior-level meetings and related logistics
- Managing phone calls and proactively managing e-mail requests and correspondence
- Coordinating travel arrangements and logistics (hotel, rental car, and other travel-related needs)
- Managing end-to-end T&E process, including submissions, review and processing in accordance with company policy
- Managing invoice processing and payment
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on the status of department corporate card accounts
- Communicating and interfacing with internal and external stakeholders including board members, regulators and law firms; establishing relationships with executive office and leadership team support staff
- Tracking and entering of timekeeping for CCO direct reports
- Involvement in ad hoc projects supporting the executive office, including logistical and technological support for meeting & event planning (i.e. department town halls, market meetings, etc.)
- Managing the procurement of office supplies and other departmental needs
- Establish relationships and lead consistency across department administrative team
- Ad hoc administrative / project work as requested by leaders that may include some use of PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and other report formats, etc.
- Minimum of 4 years professional work experience in a similar role and/or Degree in Business Management, Communication, or another related area
- Previous executive administrative support experience within a large organization is a plus
- Highly organized with an ability to demonstrate keen attention to details, adaptability, flexibility, resourcefulness and efficiency - follow up in a timely manner, prioritize, multi-task, and handle time-sensitive deadlines in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to act diplomatically and respectfully when communicating with key internal and external customers and individuals of varying levels
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to spot problems before they arise, find solutions, and provide timely follow-through on projects
- Demonstrated ability to work with a sense of urgency and under pressure, as needed to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Ability to recognize key meetings and priorities; High level of integrity required for handling sensitive and confidential information
- Expert level of verbal and written communications skills
- Strong work-ethic and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships with key constituents to achieve results
- Positive “Can do” attitude, solution-oriented demeanor, and reliable
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required; experience with Ariba, Concur and HR payroll systems preferred; knowledge of technology tools and software, with ability to perform basic troubleshooting
- Proactive, self-motivated, driven, enthusiastic, and eagerness to learn about the organization
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019, 9:30:37 AM