American Express Careers
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Manager in this role will be a part of the Decision Support COE team within Corporate Planning and has primary responsibility for supporting the Director in the design and roll out of a service management strategy. This role will own the design and maintenance of the service catalog, execution of the COE governance structure, and manage the people learning and development program
• Proactively maintaining the inventory of services provided by the DSCOE to external customers
• Working closely with Vice Presidents and End-to-End Process Owners to keep inventory current as processes may change or services added
• Updating the Service Catalog as needed
• Partnering with end-to-end process ownership to keep RACIs and process flows current
Global Learning & Development
• Defining future releavant training curriculum in line with industry best practices
Onboarding and conducting end-to-end training to all members of the DSCOE
• Delivering classroom and blended programs that add value to the learner and their business area
• Demonstrating agility through curriculum adjustments to meet changing business needs
The successful candidate will be expected to build and maintain a global relationship and be able to support the Leadership team. They will provide extensive knowledge in this subject area and be able to think strategically across the organization.
This role will have exposure to DSCOE leadership and offers the successful candidate the opportunity to create part of the future of the Finance function and leave a legacy within the organization
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks
Qualifications• Demonstrated knowledge of service excellence frameworks and shared services organizations
• Experience of managing or designing a process
• Ability to work in a global environment leading global processes and driving global alignment
• Strategic thinking and broad vision of long term
• Proven people leadership skills demonstrating ability to develop and inspire through coaching and recognition
• Highly motivated individual with an ability to drive results and provide thought leadership
• Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written
• Advanced narrative and persuasive presentation skills with ability to break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages
• Ability to influence and drive alignment among various organizations and disciplines
• Ability to handle high pressure environment with aggressive deadlines while balancing long- and short-term impacts and multiple priorities and customers
• Experience of working with remote teams and leadership (preferred)
• 3+ years of relevant work experience.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019, 8:21:41 AM