American Express Careers
Account Manager, Global Accounts - Global Commercial Services H/F
Within American Express, the Global Client Group as part of Global Corporate Services (GCS) is a truly global service provider of solutions for commercial payments, expense management and B2B commodities throughout the world, to some of the largest American Express Corporate clients.
The Global Client Group (GCG) account management team is responsible for 160+ Global Clients which are the top clients whose Charge Volume and global scale place them in a highly selective customer segment.
GCS invests heavily in its business and uses its expertise and innovation to maintain competitive leadership. Our customers include 65% of global Fortune 500 companies.
The Global Account Development Manager is a Client Sales Manager who is tasked to retain and grow a tailored global payments programme (on T&E and B2B), that includes driving additional customer spend onto Amex commercial payment products, and as well delivering differentiated and long term customer value.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within GCP GCG for this Global ADM to manage a customer portfolio of Global companies with HQ in France.
The role is responsible for a variety of tasks including:
- Creation and deployment of accounts strategies to achieve the objectives of retention, expansion and management of each customer of the portfolio
- Expansion in the usage by the customers, of our commercial payments solutions across T&E and B2B commodities
- Broadening and deepening American Express relationships across the clients’ organizations with influencers, stakeholders and decision makers to ensure excellence in development (contacts strategies)
- Interface with and influence on various levels and divisions of American Express to consistently implement the account strategies
- Global coordination of the local account managers to implement the agreed action plans.
- Identify client needs and match them against AXP products and services with the aim to sell appropriate solutions to deliver increased value, usage of our solutions and greater client engagement
- Oversee ongoing servicing, operational, regulatory, debt management and reporting needs/projects
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- High degree of commercial acumen, including negotiation and sales competencies, with different kind of decision makers
- Highly motivated to succeed, with proven track record of producing results and enthusiasm
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Sales and account management minded with a strong sense of building and maintaining relationships with clients and internally at all levels
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate complex ideas, both verbally and in written form, developing written communications for a variety of audiences
- Excellent organizational skills including analytical mindset , project management, priorisation and strong time management skills
- Ability to solve problem effectively and think strategically
- Strong knowledge about payment process for T&E and B2B products is a plus (Procure to Pay)
- Fast learner and deliverer
- Team player with the desire to work successfully with colleagues and with internal departments and business units globally
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019, 12:19:22 PM