American Express Careers
Senior Manager-Client Management
Senior Manager, Online Merchants
Global Merchant & Network Services
Global Merchant & Network Services, the merchant network of American Express, acquires, maintains and grows relationships with merchants (B2C and B2B) who welcome American Express branded cards.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for growing and managing the relationship with fast-growing online companies located in California.
Do you enjoy a dynamic, collaborative work environment where you can make a mark? Are you someone who knows how to drive significant business results and build new partnerships? Are you excited to join and create a team culture that is opportunistic, innovative, accountable, customer-oriented and results-focused? The American Express Client Management Team oversees an exciting portfolio of ONLINE Merchants (B2B and B2C) concentrated in Southern and Northern California. As a Senior Client Manager, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of 50 merchants to grow revenue, by establishing mutually-beneficial and profitable, long-lasting relationships with merchant accounts. You will oversee one of the fast-growing markets in the Western Region, with ~$900M in American Express charge volume.
Travel Required: Approximately 35 accounts are in Southern California (Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego areas) and approximately 15 accuonts in the Bay Area in Northern California. Approximately 30-50% travel depending on candidate location.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Retain and increase American Express business (B2B and B2C) by growing revenue, improving share and increasing profitability. Identify and expand existing business relationships, close acceptance gaps with Merchants, and develop strategic portfolio / account plans.
• Demonstrate American Express’ value proposition to Merchant clients, and increase share by customizing and reinforcing our value proposition using financials.
• Evaluate merchant business challenges and opportunities, and identify and sell in appropriate solutions to meet clients’ needs
• Collaborate with internal colleagues to create, sell-in and implement relevant partnership and marketing assets.
• Embrace the fast changing payments landscape and keep current with supply and demand, payment trends and economic and competitive indicators.
• Ensure that American Express is front and center for our valued clients.
• Increase Merchant Satisfaction (NPS score).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 12:45:17 PM