American Express Careers
Business Analyst-Business Intelligence Tools, Cornerstone Reporting and Data Democratization
Analyst (Business Intelligence Tools) - Cornerstone Reporting and Data Democratization
About American Express Enterprise Digital
American Express Enterprise Digital is dedicated to building enterprise capabilities to support digital, risk, and information management initiatives across American Express. The team is helping to drive the future of the business by building products and platforms that utilize decision science best practices, exemplary user experience and our closed loop data within a secure and safe environment. We are headquartered in New York City and strongly believe in driving the success of the people we hire.
We are looking for an Analyst for our Data Democratization Capabilities team. The ideal candidate has experience in driving agile development processes to deliver new product asks and strategizing on a vision and roadmap of Business Intelligence Capabilities. This role works closely with Business, Technology and Infrastructure partners to address user challenges and drive Data Democratization in the Big Data ecosystem.
The ideal candidate has some experience in being a product owner within the data or technology world. They understand capabilities and platforms within the Big Data landscape including tools that enable interactive Business Intelligence (BI) on Big Data. They thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy collaborating and building consensus, and being a customer champion to lead the organization to deliver successful Business Intelligence products.
This role is a unique opportunity to evolve in a fully agile product owner position while being an active contributor to the overall Data Democratization and Big Data strategy at American Express. Furthermore, this role is nested into a user centric and dynamic team always ready to innovate and answer new business challenges with data.
What’s expected of you?
· Self-motivated individual who is able to combine problem-resolution, clear communication, and critical thinking to apply a business lens to recommendations
· Knowledge around best practices in dashboarding, reporting, and analytics products
· Some experience in a product owner role within the data or technology world
· Ability to perform analytics, explore data, as well as experience in SQL
· Solid understanding of Big Data Hadoop Stack, MapReduce framework, & Hive highly desired
· Strong communication and negotiation skills combined with an ability to interact effectively with business leaders, data consumers and engineers
· Proven ability to adapt to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change
· Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in STEM fields w/ work experience in information management, strategy or the payments business a plus
· Work experience in consulting or product development is a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019, 1:14:04 PM