American Express Careers
- Tax Accounting:
- Prepare and maintain the Company’s accounting records and ensure that sub-ledgers reconcile with the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of the company’s Federal and State Cash payment subaccounts.
- Calculate deferred tax adjustments for the monthly provision.
- Prepare the jurisdictional netting entries for the entire organization on a monthly basis.
- Calculate and book the Return to Provision entry for the US Federal and State Returns.
- Calculate the State ETR for the monthly provision.
- Tax Compliance:
- Assure adequate documentation/support of transactions and reports.
- Preparation of all assigned Federal (domestic and foreign), State, and Local income tax returns.
- Preparation of estimated tax payments on a quarterly basis.
- Support Federal and State Audit in responding to information requests.
- Review of information gathered from the field for accuracy and follow up with data providers to the extent necessary.
- Pro-actively follow developments in Federal (including tax law relating to foreign operations) State, and Local tax law and assess their impact on the company’s tax positions.
- Coordinate with colleagues in Planning and Controllership.
- Help ensure that planning initiatives are appropriately reflected on the monthly provision as well as filed returns.
- Support Global Tax in all areas of process improvement and compliance with SOX and other controls.
- Ensure that the tax software is properly maintained and functioning in an efficient manner.
- 1 – 3 years in Corporate Tax or Public Accounting.
- BBA or MBA Preferred.
- CPA or CPA Track strongly preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Corptax Systems.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; solid communications skills.
- Ability to function well in a team environment.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 3:52:12 PM