American Express Careers
Employee Relations Specialist
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS SPECIALIST
The Global Employee and Labor Relations team is responsible for delivering comprehensive and efficient E&LR solutions within American Express: driving global consistency in policies and practices and enhancing ER acumen at all levels. This role will be responsible for the delivery of E&LR projects in The Philippines in support of significant business growth.
- End-to-end management of complex employment relations cases (performance management, disciplinary procedures, grievance investigations) and tracking through the global case management tool
- Provide support to new business initiatives including process guidance for consultation and documentation support
- Provide ER specialist advice to the HR team in different areas of their roles
- Support the implementation of global organizational change initiatives (projects) to drive efficiency and add ER value
- Deliver ER training to leaders and employees to identify opportunities to reduce ER risk and research and develop strategic initiatives to mitigate it
- Review and update HR policies and procedures
- Respond to HR/ER enquiries escalated from the American Express HR Service Center
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- 3 to 5 years of experience focused in Employee Relations
- Strong case management and ER advisory skills
- Good grasp of local labor requirements
- Some experience in project management or implementation and analytics is a plus
- Able to deal with and influence both new and seasoned leaders
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2019, 3:21:32 AM