American Express Careers
BI Tools Engineer
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This is a great opportunity to join the CTO organization within American Express Technologies become the driver of this exciting journey
You’re a talented, creative, and motivated engineer who loves developing powerful, stable, and intuitive apps – and you’re excited to work with a team of individuals with that same passion. You’ve accumulated years of experience, and you’re excited about taking your mastery of Business Intelligence & Analytics tools to the next level. You enjoy challenging projects involving big data sets and are cool under pressure. You’re no stranger to fast-paced environments and agile development methodologies – in fact, you embrace them. With your strong analytical skills, your unwavering commitment to quality, your excellent technical skills, and your collaborative work ethic, you’ll do great things here at American Express.
Cornerstone is company’s largest Big Data Platform, ideally suited for computationally and/or data intensive processing applications. Whether the data needs to be processed in batch, online, or streaming manner, Cornerstone provides robust capabilities to handle such workloads effectively, in a cost-efficient manner.
Be part of a fast-paced Agile team, design, develop, test, troubleshoot & optimize solutions created to simplify access to the Amex’s Big Data Platform.
• Manage installation and support of BI tools like Tableau, Datameer and others.
• Recording the performance metrics of tableau workbooks to analyze and troubleshoot different events that are known to affect performance
• Developing Tableau reports and dashboards that convey information pertaining to user activity on the company’s Tableau and Datameer platforms
• Improving the various capabilities and user experience of the Cornerstone Platform and building capabilities that are easy for the customers to consume
• Handling all server related issues and requests raised by the users of the company’s business intelligence tools
• Integrating Jethro, MemSQL and other databases with Tableau to provide live data to the developers seamlessly
• Developing project workspaces for new users and granting server access
Graduate background in an analytical field (engineering, operations research, statistics, mathematics or similar)
• 4 - 14 years’ experience in a data-driven analytics role using SQL, R, Tableau & Excel
• Relevant work experience including considerable database experience with ETL, system integration, and data modeling
• Experience visualizing data in clear and effective ways using technical platforms
• Strong understanding of programming/scripting languages and Linux, Windows Operating system
• Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills
• Strong working knowledge of forecasting and planning models / methodologies
• Statistical modeling and forecasting, applying quantitative and research methods, is required
• Demonstrated experience in driving results across a cross-process, matrixed and global organization
• At least 1 year of operational experience in supporting reporting and analytics
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2019, 10:23:09 AM