American Express Careers
Director, Product & Marketing
Belgium & Luxembourg are highly strategic markets for American Express. The region not only hosts the seat of the European Union and NATO, but also includes important players in the merchant space, an extraordinary number of large multinational corporates with European headquarters within its borders, and a large and dynamic population of travel-oriented and premium consumers – all of which play to the strengths of American Express as a company.
Following many years of a JV structure, at the end of 2017 American Express repatriated our business in Belgium and Luxembourg. American Express is now fully invested in the region. The Director, Product & Marketing, Belgium & Luxembourg, will play a major role in continuing the exciting and demanding integration of this business into American Express prop, and will play an important leadership role at the local market level.
The Director, Product & Marketing, will manage a team that oversees:
- Product Management of our proprietary / Centurion line product suites
- Co-brand Product and Relationship Management (Brussels Airlines)
- Customer Marketing (including all loyalty and engagement)
- Our Membership Rewards loyalty programme.
This presents an exciting and unique opportunity for a seasoned and respected people leader, with broad marketing and project management experience, to evolve an organization and set the pace for growth.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will have a track record of excellence and will demonstrate an ability to drive results across a Product & Marketing organisation. In addition to Product & Marketing expertise, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Proven success in product management, marketing and communications
- Experience in collaboration across functions and line of business
- Experience in business and product line strategy
- Strong analytical acumen and intuitive understanding of payments economics
- An affinity for international and cross-cultural environments
- A real passion and intuition for the customer
- Demonstrated track record of creativity in marketing
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Innovative approach to problem solving to drive differentiation in products, services and capabilities, and create compelling experiences for customers to deepen engagement
- Flexibility, and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change
- Digital experience a plus
- MBA or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2019, 5:59:26 AM