American Express Careers
Manager - Credit & Fraud Risk Capabilities
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Manager - Risk Management, Credit & Fraud Risk Capabilities
Purpose of the Role:
This exciting position is within the Credit & Fraud Risk Capabiltiees Risk, Gurgaon, as the Manager for applications that support best-in-class business intelligence and monitoring of the integrity of the data, processes and decision outcomes across – Credit, Fraud, and Operational Risk – globally to mitigate risks to the AXP brand, customer experience, and Bank Holding Company status. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
Manages and deliver the applications in Big Data Platform that support early warning/CDIT application to identify/monitor the anomalies and outliers.
• Build/Integrate/Support the architecture in the Big Data Platform that support best-in-class Business Intelligence solutions.
• Work and collaborate with broader CFR Risk teams, Capabilties, Strategy , Modeling, Operational Risk and AET partners.
• Delivering technological solutions through joint planning sessions, evaluation of infrastructure trends, change management strategies and strategic partner communication, including training and, applying lessons learned.
• Ongoing focus on data/process integrity and build Machine Learning models to identify outlier/anamolies.
• Strengthening the closed-loop governance on early warnings to ensure timely analysis, proper documentation and issue remediation.
• Provide thought leadership and recommendations to enhance capabilities to drive efficiencies in Alerting applications.
Strong technical knowledge and solutions development within Big Data Platform, specifically related to Business Intelligence or Machine Learning and Architecture.
• Strong programming skills and hands-on experience and enable to help/guide other team members.
• In depth understanding of Big Data ecosystems and minimum of three year of work experience leveraging the ecosystem to build/support applications.
• Strong understanding of Analytical BI tools and proficient in SQL.
• Experience in delivering products using either of agile methodologies like Scrum, SAFE, Kanban.
• Understanding of Advanced statistics/machine learning and handson experience would be a plus.
• Knowledge of existing Risk applications in AXP and hands-on experience on the Cornerstone platform would be a plus.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline required, or equivalent work experience.
Overall 6+ year of experience including atleast 3 years of relevant experience having required Functional & Technical Skills.
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Technical discipline required or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge of Platforms:
Credit & Fraud Risk
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019, 7:55:42 AM