American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager - SCRUM Master [SAFe]
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Our team is responsible for delivering and enabling Credit & Collections Case management for Worldwide Credit & Collections Globally.
The successful applicant for this role will be part of a product engineering team involved in definition, development, and deployment of Credit Servicing within a legacy environment. The individual will also play a key role in partnering with business and technology colleagues to drive strategic priorities. The team works closely with several business partners and regional servicing organizations. Team follows SAFe agile methodology and uses agile practices to deliver business features.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for managing the team’s capacity as they contribute these capabilities to improve operations and product features across the portfolio, as well as ensuring that delivery requirements, timelines, dependencies and risks are clearly communicated to all stakeholders. This position works closely with product owners, architects, engineers and quality assurance within scrum team and across products, acting as a single point of contact for the team.
The list of responsibilities may include:
- Work within and across tech and business units to prioritize, plan and execute the development schedule for new capabilities
- Manage and track team velocity, financials and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the teams work across multiple engineering, infrastructure and third parties
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues and changes tied to the teams capability development initiatives
- Creates both business and tech-facing materials to clearly illustrate the teams work, beyond technical documentation
- Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high-quality and clearly documented
- Stakeholder management - assisting to prioritize and set expectations when competing project deadlines arise
- Works with tech partners and architects to identify solutions and business process improvements
- May perform hands-on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts and results in addressing delivery impediments or quality issues
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline desired or equivalent experience may be considered
- 6+ years of Software Project Management experience, mainly using Agile methodologies
- Experience in SAFe preferred
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives as well as challenges and support the team in delivering
- Ability to drive projects end-2-end, work with a diverse set of teams and challenge the status quo
- Willingness to learn new technologies , experiment and exploit them to their optimal potential
- PMI certification is a plus
- Scrum Master certification is preferred
- As a TPM, drive the development and delivery of technical products and solutions for our platform/customers
- Deep understanding of all aspects of software design, with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Manage and track team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the project/program and its plan
- Drive program, release level and enterprise improvement and standardization activities using SAFe as the primary framework
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams, solving and where needed, escalating impediments
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Experience managing project budgets and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers
- Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
- Use technical acumen to provide design alternatives and support team in technical issue resolution
- Experience using Rally or Jira agile delivery management platform is a plus
- Proven track record of working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Proven ability to manage change in dynamic, ambiguous environment and ability to influence without direct authority among peers and with leaders
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019, 2:28:18 PM