American Express Careers
Enterprise Security Architect
- Provide senior security architectural leadership to all phases of the Cloud Program, including the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Cloud Application Architecture subprograms.
- Work closely with subject matter experts to develop and deliver a complete security architecture solution
- Lead technical analysis and recommendations (e.g. evaluate and select vendor security products based on functional, security and operational requirements; review and comment on security architecture)
- Lead technical design and first instance deployment of global projects including security solutions for internal and external IaaS and PaaS clouds (e.g. collaborate with risk analysts, project managers and technical subject matter experts to design, plan and implement enterprise security solutions spanning the endpoint, network and application space)
- Produce (contribute to and oversee others) high quality documentation (e.g. Architecture Specifications, System Requirements, Roadmaps, White Papers) to accurately capture and communicate business drivers, technical requirements, system design, and future plans and provide thought leadership at the enterprise level).
- Present cloud security architectural design concepts and solutions to all levels in the organization
- Build cloud optimized architecture patterns and contribute to Enterprise Architecture governance.
- Compare and evaluate various private, public cloud technologies and tools from technical, functional and financial feasibility.
- Drive proof of concepts that assess the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to our product partners how technology can be leveraged.
- Gather requirements; build functional specifications, timelines, adoption plans and other artifacts to support security implementation.
- Work with stakeholders within and across Business Unit teams to collaborate, enable, and drive decision making.
- Work with various businesses to evaluate various technologies including setting up POC, evaluation criteria, managing professional services resources for design, architecture and implementation.
- Partner with and support the Engineering team to drive and execute results in a timely manner
- Demonstrated experience in Agile environments, application design, software development, and testing
- Expertise in cloud architecture and security fundamentals including containers, software-defined networks, high availability design, multi-cloud, and serverless compute
- Application experience migrating to or building natively in a cloud environment including monolithic applications, microservices, and functions as a service
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with network architecture, network security, and TCP/IP
- Experience with secure Java application design and development using J2EE, Spring, and SQL
- Hands on with Docker and Kubernetes preferred
- Experience with a broad range of application architectures, languages, and payments technologies a plus
- 3+ years of experience in cloud security environment required
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field; advanced degree required
- Information Security Certification preferred, CISSP or similar
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2019, 6:16:05 PM