American Express Careers
VP Technology Digital Workplace – Integrated Data
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- An accessible aggregation of all the data required to deliver an outstanding predictive and personalized experience for our colleagues.
- The ability to take advantage of our big data environment to measure the success/impact of our products and services, as well as to identify opportunities for enhancement and growth
- The ability to easily consume our big data environment for operational use, through plug-and-play integrations with third-party, home-grown and SaaS products and platforms.
- Focus on the customer as a platform for growth
- Bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Develop products and services to meet emerging needs of customers
- Craft the most seamless and secure digital experience for customers
- Set “THE” standard for customer experience
- Attract and engage the best colleagues in the industry
- Maintain safe and sound business practices, consistent with regulatory expectations
- Develop and communicate the vision to teams, stakeholders and leadership.
- Demonstrated thought leader in the industry on business analysis/solution architecture/enterprise architecture in areas such as Cloud, AI, Big Data, IoT and Digital Workplace technologies
- Lead and build a highly talented engineering team that leverages AI, Big Data and IoT to create frictionless, connected and simplified colleague experience
- Drive towards building capabilities/ platforms/ APIs that can scale to power multiple American Express teams.
- A person with deep understanding of the impact of emerging technology and industry trends; how it drives the current worldwide digital transformation in large enterprises
- Creative thought leader who is results-oriented, collaborative, and ready to lead teams tasked with solving hard problems.
- Proven track record of success leading high functioning technology teams in developing innovative products.
- Creative, passionate and experienced leader of both people and technology
- Provides consultation and support for all Digital Workplace initiatives in market and be an evangelist for technology
- Excited to participate evolving and driving Digital Workplace tools and services strategy
- Team Management savvy (e.g., planning, budgetary control, people management, vendor management, etc.)
- Knowledgeable and capable in all things Digital Workplace
- Experienced with running 30k plus seat enterprise
- Understanding of network architecture, third party connectivity and active directory.
- Responsible for end user engagement/feedback/escalations on behalf of Digital Workplace (customer happiness, net promoter, etc.)
- Engaging with a positive leadership presence on campus also followership among the technology community
- Well versed in AGILE methodologies and Program Management methods
- Nurturing existing and new talent for growth opportunities in both technical and leadership roles
- Confident in influencing other technical leaders as well as business partners
- Educated with a preference on a technical degree
- Flexible to travel on a limited basis.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2019, 4:09:12 PM