American Express Careers
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources Business Partner, this role will be responsible for providing planning, strategy, communications, project support to support business objectives, HR initiatives, and cross-Enterprise human capital related projects. The successful candidate will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, communication and organizational skills, and will have a proven record of excellence and operating independently.
This Manager will ensure the effective and efficient management of initiatives within the VP’s areas of responsibility. This would include oversight and tracking of strategic projects, overseeing activities to ensure team operational efforts are efficiently and effectively managed, creating impactful presentations, providing strategy support and tactical execution.
The successful candidate is a strong process-focused thinker who possesses the confidence and composure required to effectively communicate across a diverse set of constituents.
- Act as a central point of contact for business issues, initiatives spearheaded by the VP, and for addressing information requests.
- Provide planning, executional and coordination support, including project management, analytical support, and support of strategic initiatives as required
- Lead distinct elements of key projects in partnership with and / or on behalf of the VP.
- Partner with Business Leaders, Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs), HR Centers of Expertise team members, external contacts, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Own key programs, processes, and tracking (e.g. budget oversight, project tracking, metrics).
- Provide strategic thought leadership to support management strategy and business planning for the team.
- Prepare materials and documentation for a variety of projects.
- Influence and innovate to overcome complex barriers, resolve issues, and build strong partnerships and engagement with key players and decision-makers.
- Manage ad hoc special projects.
- Experience of project management, business strategy and change management.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to juggle multiple tasks, with excellent organizational skills and careful attention to detail.
- Excellent sense of humor, desire to have fun and remain calm under pressure.
- A can-do attitude with a view towards continuous process improvement
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, work effectively with little direction, and take the lead in situations where appropriate.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills , as well as listening skills
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with leveraging data to create insights driven presentations
- Results oriented. Able to deliver timely, accurate, thorough, and high quality work in challenging situations
- Proven ability to navigate effectively and efficiently within matrixed organization.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and demonstrated change management capability.
- Ability to analyze situations and exercise sound judgment in determining appropriate courses of action.
- High level of integrity required for handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong PC and Microsoft office skills including but not limited to Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2019, 2:17:32 PM