American Express Careers
Head of Risk Management EMEA
The Director, Spain Chief Risk Officer will be part of the GRBC organization and will be responsible for establishing the second line of defense for the newly created legal entities in continental Europe. We are seeking an experienced leader to be a part of this exciting journey. The incumbent will lead a team of risk professionals to in Spain and other continental Europe markets to identify, assess, measure, manage and report risk
- Establish risk appetite metrics and escalation thresholds for all major risk types
- Identify emerging risks in accordance with risk appetite program
- Create dashboards and other reporting tools for all major risk types
- Develop Risk Committee charter and chair local market Risk Committee
- Provide oversight of internal control framework and management of risks, including outsourcing
- Provide effective challenge through reviews of critical processes
- Establish and maintain Legal Entity Risk Management Framework
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Experience and Background:
- 7+ years of leadership experience in risk management or a similar role;
- Strong business acumen with a risk-reward control perspective;
- Experience in interacting with regulators and familiarity with local market regulatory requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities under pressure;
- Fluent in English and Spanish;
- Advanced degree in business, engineering, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven leader who can build, inspire, and coach a team with a passion for the business;
- Excellent relationship and influence management skills with the ability to build productive relationships across teams and levels of seniority;
- Self-confident with a strong sense of integrity and the ability and willingness to challenge and be challenged;
- Proactive in identifying issues, delivering and escalating key findings, and advising on recommended solutions to correct issues or mitigate risks;
- Ability to communicate oversight findings to colleagues, business partners, and senior leaders;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 1st of overall best companies in the financial sector
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 30, 2019, 4:59:02 AM