American Express Careers
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking upon an exciting modernization and transformational journey to implement a Service Mesh to power our micro-services and APIs. We are seeking a highly energetic, passionate and hands-on leader with experience in Cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Cloud Native Apps, Micro-Services and APIs to drive our API Strategy forward. In this role, you will help build enterprise-scale Service Mesh solutions with a focus on Scalability, Performance, Security and Availability.
- Implement a service mesh on AMEX’s cloud platform
- Collaborate across technology partners to implement Service Mesh solutions and with API Owners to drive adoption
- Build complex integrations with enterprise systems for Security, Distributed Tracing, Telemetry, and others.
- Develop, build and scale containerized apps
- Conduct code reviews and contribute writing highly performant code (JAVA preferred, C++ and Go are a nice to have)
- Develop Micro-services, APIs, REST and gRPC interfaces
- Develop proofs of concept to demonstrate feasibility of new ideas and technologies
- Contribute ideas and solutions to Amex’s API strategy and our developer community
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 10+ years of engineering experience, with emphasis on programming and system design
- Hands on experience with Java, data structures and algorithms
- Experience preferred with REST/gRPC, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, Cloud native apps
- Understanding of networking principles, performance testing, CICD and DevOps
- Knowledge in Service Mesh and Side-car Architecture is a plus.
- Self-motivated, ability to collaborate and drive results
- Proven ability to lead a team of engineers
- Ability to experiment with, learn and apply new technologies quickly
Employment eligibility to work in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2019, 11:57:35 AM