American Express Careers
Senior Software Engineer – Value Generation
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight, and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
The Value Generation organization is a dynamic group responsible for driving value on everyday card member interactions. The reach of Value Generation spans across over 18 markets across the globe. As a member of the team, here are some example of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an enterprise agile team driving the latest development practices
- Developing and integrating REST APIs between back-end systems to support a web application used by over 6,000 Customer Care Professionals
- Developing new customer journeys in a React-based web application to drive customer experience for millions of card member interactions.
- Writing automated unit test cases and conducting code reviews with members of the team
- Identifying opportunities for enhanced analytics and data-driven decision making
- Mentor and coach engineers on the team from a design and software development perspective
- At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile practices and experience with the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Modern development best practices including Git
- Results-oriented and user-experience focused
- Analytical and data driven
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2019, 12:48:23 PM