American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Front End
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further. You will collaborate with software developers within the product teams to design and build a robust analytics capability that supports our suite of software applications and products. You will be part of a multi-functional team with other engineers to design, build, test and deploy software to enable our analytic reporting. You will also work with and build web applications, services, and user experiences for our loyalty products.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- [X]+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with and desire to work using agile methodologies and practices such as Scrum/Kanban, iterations, user stories and development flows using continuous delivery, and automated testing
- Dedication to staying up-to-date with the latest web architecture technology including language innovations, containerization, storage technology and runtime problem solving
- The ability to see and to understand the larger context in which your team works and to craft solutions within that context
- Flexibility to changes in product requirements, organizational structures and business conditions
- A strong belief in your personal responsibility for ensuring quality craftsmanship
- An open, collaborative spirit
Job Activities :
- Collaborate with software developers within the product teams.
- Contribute to the design of the key events needed to support analytic reporting for each of the loyalty products
- Work in a multi-functional team with other engineers to design, build, test and deploy software systems
- Develop frameworks and approaches for measuring and testing availability, performance, and product analytics of our consumer facing internet websites
- Code and Develop logging and tagging of our web products and service API's
- Design, develop and support the web analytics instrumentation architecture
- Focus on developing a deep understanding of business KPIs for different digital products, and define and implement the analytics data capture to support business initiatives.
- Develop, test, and validate new analytics data capture designs, with consideration for stakeholder reporting needs and long-term business goals
- Triage analytics-related issues
- Proactively investigate traffic, conversion, and performance trends using customer transaction and web analytics data.
- Identify opportunities to expand web analytics collection, especially as they relate to key performance indicators in customer lifecycles
- Create compelling summaries and visualizations of datasets using available tools.
- Create and maintain reports, dashboards, and presentations explaining findings and recommendations.
- Establish monitors and alerts for pro-active monitoring of data and performance changes.
- Own the end-to-end process of testing analytics implementation requests, including but not limited to, web analytics enhancements and fixes, third party pixels, including QA, QC and debugging of analytics codes
Job Skills :
- Full stack software development experience in multiple project environments
- Working knowledge of the elements of modern full-stack web architectures, including single page applications, web security, microservices, functions-as-a-service, event-driven architecture, job scheduling, relational and non-relational database systems, and streaming and distributed data processing
- Familiarity with SPLUNK, Kafka
- Familiarity with standard software engineering practices like source code control, code review, and continuous integration and delivery using GIT
- Familiarity with JIRA and RALLY
- 7+ years of experience in the digital industry with 5+ experience in web analytics on large scale consumer facing internet websites
- Knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics), tag management, web log data mining, and data visualization
- Advanced knowledge of Web Analytics Implementation best practice, and hands-on practical experience managing complex implementations.
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2019, 9:33:51 PM