American Express Careers
Digital Product Analyst
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
American Express Travel Online (ATO) is a strategic focus area for growth within Travel and Lifestyle Services International and there is significant continuing investment to transform and optimize our online proposition and capabilities. ATO is a key proposition of our Card product sets. It serves as an accompaniment to the offline travel service for our premium products and is the primary travel portal for most other Card products in the international markets. ATO not only drives direct revenue and cost savings but also plays an important role in overall Card product engagement, loyalty and satisfaction.
The role will be responsible for supporting the Product Managers to identify opportunities to grow market sales and cardholder engagement/satisfaction by improving and enhancing the effectiveness of the desktop/responsive online experience, and defining and delivering (with particular emphasis on user acceptance testing) a portfolio of new and optimized initiatives for the ongoing development and optimisation of ATO.
- Support the implementation and on-going optimisation of the online travel platforms and capabilities into new and existing markets and partnerships.
- Identify and drive through insight driven, short-term initiatives that enhance the performance of the department KPIs alongside longer term projects.
- Track progress against key milestones and take corrective action where necessary.
- Manage specific local market configuration and user acceptance testing of the local market online travel platforms.
- Provide ongoing support to the local markets post implementation.
- Provide technical support for the online travel channel.
- Manage planned change initiates from concept through to implementation.
- To act on information/recommendations provided in regular customer satisfaction surveys and operational bug/issue reports.
- Marketplace analysis and customer insight is key, analysing qualitative and quantitative research of customer characteristics, behaviours and opinions is key to representing both business and customer needs.
- Coordinate testing, analyse and consult to implement approved ‘fixes.’
- Support User Acceptance Testing and implementation for new software releases.
- Prioritize issues raised during testing and resolution with technology partner/inventory supplier.
- Maintain good level of awareness of the key tools used within the business (new technologies / processes / reporting tools) to an extent where issues or opportunities for development of the ATO channel can be exploited.
- Be aware of all compliance standards affecting online, including but not limited to, Disability Discrimination Act, Distance Selling, Advertising Standards, Trading Standards, European Consumer Rights legislation, EU e-privacy directive (cookie law), EC Air Services Regulation, Data Protection Act and internal Amex regulations whilst working with legal and compliance teams to ensure adherence globally.
- Build new and leverage existing relationships contributing to an international team supporting multiple markets.
- Provide back up to Production Support Analyst in periods of absence.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Product development, project management and personal time management skills, ensuring that work is produced to agreed deadlines and high standard (essential) in a B2C environment or Direct Channels environment, ensuring that work is produced to agreed deadlines and high standard.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex, technical issues and topics, both written and verbal, to multiple audiences internal & external partners (critical).
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines on several initiatives simultaneously.
- Works well as part of a team, but has the ability to manage and prioritise own work and be autonomous.
- Good listening skills with the confidence to question and challenge.
- Strong analytical skills able to draw conclusions from data, management information and trends alongside analysis of business processes and stakeholder requirements.
- Experience of effectively coordinating activity across geographically/culturally diverse teams.
- Highly self-motivated and result driven with the ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support an ever changing environment to prioritize multiple activities, workloads and objectives in a fast paced multi time zoned environment– demonstrating adaptability.
- Knowledge of the travel industry preferred – competition, trends and customer experience expectations.
- Experience of external vendor relationship management (preferred).
- Experience of working with geographically/culturally diverse teams is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of travel reservations systems (preferred).
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to learn a new subject quickly.
- Qualifications in Travel, eCommerce, Business Studies, Digital or Online Marketing, Information Management preferable.
- Strong interest and enthusiasm for Travel, Digital and customer experience.
- Have a good understanding of key research in the industry and what constitutes best of breed or leading practice.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).or
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 25, 2019, 12:23:12 PM