American Express Careers
Engineer - Enterprise Service Mesh
American Express is embarking upon an exciting modernization and transformational journey to implement an Enterprise Service Mesh to power our micro-services and APIs. We are looking for engineers with a passion for programming and knowledge in technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift and Cloud native apps.
In this role, you will be a key member of the engineering team which will implement an enterprise scale service mesh with focus on scalability, performance, security and availability.
You will get hands on experience with Service Mesh and Side Car architectures, Cloud apps, Security, Networking, Observability and Distributed Tracing.
- Implement a service mesh on AMEX’s cloud platform
- Develop, build and scale containerized apps
- Build complex integrations with enterprise systems for Security, Distributed Tracing, Telemetry, and others.
- Write highly performant code (JAVA preferred, C++ and Go are a nice to have)
- Develop Micro-services, APIs, REST and gRPC interfaces
- Develop proofs of concept to demonstrate feasibility of new ideas and technologies
- Contribute ideas and solutions to Amex’s API strategy and our developer community
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 7+ years of engineering experience, with emphasis on programming and system design
- Hands on experience with Java, data structures and algorithms
- Experience preferred with REST/gRPC, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, Cloud native apps
- Understanding of networking principles, performance testing, CICD and DevOps
- Self-motivated, ability to collaborate and drive results
- Proven ability to lead a team of engineers
- Ability to experiment with, learn and apply new technologies quickly
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 22, 2019, 11:40:46 AM