American Express Careers
Team Leader - Operations (US CEN)
- Motivate, Collaborate and Inspire
- Deliver tailored, inspirational and effective coaching to CCPs.
- Hold regular sessions to observe individual performance and provide honest and actionable feedback through one-on-one sessions.
- Inspire and motivate team members to have a passion to serve.
- Create an environment in which colleagues feel their contributions are valued in extraordinary customer service.
- Consistently and effectively implement the Performance Management Process as a leadership tool to help colleagues maximize their performance.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels to maintain service levels and colleague satisfaction.
- Participate in the selection, training and development of high performing and highly engaged team members.
- Lead and maintain colleague satisfaction and engagement by using available reward and recognition tools.
- Lead by example, promoting Blue Box Values, behaviors and encouraging an effective and positive work environment.
- Challenge your team to ‘raise the bar’ and drive continuous improvement.
- Build talent pipeline by identifying colleagues with high potential for succession planning and coaching.
- Follow up on requests by leaders, peers and direct reports consistently.
- Encourage team members to own first resolution of service issues and provide the necessary coaching.
- Encourage risk-taking and empowerment within the agreed process and standards to address customer needs.
- Analyze, Communicate and Innovate
- Analyze metrics and any issues that could affect achievement of service levels immediately.
- Analyze performance management data, and identify opportunities to further drive customer satisfaction, service levels, sales point rate, average handling time, profitability, schedule adherence, etc.
- Monitor customer servicing calls, and identifying opportunities to ensure flawless servicing.
- Initiate process improvements by identifying service delivery gaps, offer solutions and successfully implement ideas to enhance American Express products and services.
- Ensure compliance for all processes and policies.
- Analyze skills and abilities to identify individual strengths and opportunities to develop action plans.
- Plan, and prepare for daily coaching activities to develop and motivate individuals.
- Continually develop skills required for leadership effectiveness, and seek opportunities to learn from peers.
- Communicate current state of the business regularly and help the team to understand departmental priorities and the impact of these on their role.
- Foster open communication by conducting regular meaningful team meetings/huddles to share success and challenges.
- Use communication and role modeling to ensure all team members understand clearly what behaviors are required to provide extraordinary customer care.
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services.
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
- A natural and inspirational coach - a proven motivator of people
- A passion for, and experience in the delivery of premium customer service
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities, work in a fast paced environment and make decisions quickly
- Demonstrate superior communication/interpersonal skills
- Effective mediator
- Creative and dynamic thinker
- Proven ability to drive improvements in team performance
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- People leadership experience
- Experience in an international contact centre environment
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2019, 9:19:10 PM