American Express Careers
Business Development Manager, Middle Market Field Sales
Not just what you can expect, what you can count on.
- To be successful in this role, you must be a driven, self-motivated individual with the tenacity to want to do well in a sales environment.
- Your prior experience in prospecting for new business through effective cold calling, market research and by leveraging social networking tools, as well as demonstrated relationship building skills will set you apart from other applicants.
- Industry knowledge, networking and being able to stay current on issues impacting customers will all contribute towards you reaching your goals.
- You will find yourself working within a fast-paced organization that is committed to investing in both your professional development and new products and solutions to support your success.
- The organization also places great emphasis on collaborative team spirit as you develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders including Marketing, Merchant Sales, Credit, and Implementation teams along the way.
QualificationsAre you up for the challenge?
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial selling experience
- Strong communication, negotiating, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated experience and success prospecting and cold calling commercial prospects.
- Ability to build relationships with client decision makers and key internal stakeholders
- Experience using Salesforce.com and LinkedIn a plus
- Knowledge of basic financial acumen is a plus (financial statement analysis, cash flow)
- Strong PC skills, experience using Apple iPad, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel
- Fluent spoken and written English and Cantonese (Mandarin would be an added advantage)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 29, 2019, 10:13:03 PM