American Express Careers
Manager/Sr Manager-Product Development
- Drive vision and development of new products and product features based on an intimate knowledge of customer, business and technology
- Ideate and conceive features that generate high customer value and deliver against business goals
- Integrate customer research, usability studies and market analysis into actionable product requirements
- Conduct A/B tests and Test & Learns in partnership with marketing and digital platform teams to improve customer engagement
- Write and prioritize features for new products and product enhancements, balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders
- Shepard products through development, testing and launch, advocating to achieve the best outcomes
- Ability to manage and negotiate with several internal partners, such as Risk, Legal & Compliance, Technology, Web & Mobile and more to define and pivot product needs
- Monitor product data and customer feedback post launch to refine features and iterate
- Understand Global Consumer Lending’s strategic and competitive position to develop products that are recognized best in the industry
- Establish an Agile product development culture in the team
- Deeply inquisitive, enjoys creative problem solving, has a strong attention to details, and enjoys working at the intersection of tech and business
- Strong end-user focus and understanding of customer empathy
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-5 years’ experience in product development. Prior experience in lending, financial services or hi-tech domains preferred
- Experience working with partners to ideate and define business features in Rally or a similar tool; prioritizing features based on business / customer value and feasibility, conducting product owner test validations
- Previous experience in an Agile or Scaled Agile Product Development environment and on global products highly desired
- Ability to manage technical, regulatory as well as communication complexity in large multi-workstream initiatives
- Healthy obsession for quality, attention to detail and a can-do attitude
- Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to develop and iterate the product roadmap and backlog
- Self-motivated with ability to manage multiple project priorities and drive flawless execution in a quickly changing, highly matrixed environment
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage and influence partners and senior leaders
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 5, 2019, 12:29:47 PM