American Express Careers
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Millions of customers depend on our infrastructure,
The success of our entire company rests on our systems, networks, and people. Our Wireless Infrastructure engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable and efficient Wireless Infrastructure.
Excellent opportunity to get involved in innovating with new technologies and become an expert in the domain. Drive analysis of business, application, and technical infrastructure requirements as related to Wireless connectivity. Design, build and integrate wireless infrastructure required to support the business portfolio or infrastructure platform. Work with Sr. Infrastructure Engineer and/or Engineering Director to continually improve wireless robustness, scalability, availability and efficiency. Lead initiatives that deliver end-to-end, wireless infrastructure solutions that adhere to Technology standards.
Build a strong infrastructure and a solid career.
The best infrastructure isn’t built in a day or even a year and it’s certainly not built without a team. Here’s just some of what you’ll do:
- Performs all technical aspects to support infrastructure implementations, deployments and technologies related to wireless infrastructure platforms
- Responsible for troubleshooting capacity and availability issues, various moves/adds/changes, software installation and configuration
- Lead current state system analysis, requirements gathering, and documentation
- Contribute to creation of technical design/implementation documentation
- Participates in test planning and execution
- Tackle capacity and availability issues
- Recognize opportunities to embrace innovative technologies
- Pre-deployment testing and QA
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field required
- 2+ years’ experience with enterprise wireless components (controllers, access points, etc)
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts
- Demonstrated expertise with Wi-Fi analyzers, wireless survey software, and test equipment.
- Experience supporting 802.3 and 802.11 networks.
- Experience with network management systems.
- Experience with ClearPass policy manager preferred
- Infrastructure related code development in the areas of scripting and/or automation highly desirable. (Python, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- Database and/or Web Development skills highly desirable
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2019, 2:54:27 PM