American Express Careers
You know more than the code, you know quality.
Our Quality Engineers understand that “good enough” is never enough. They are experts in automation, testing and quality assurance. And they are driven to continuously raise the bar – ensuring that only the highest quality code is released. Because that is what our business and our customers depend on.
Quality doesn’t happen by accident. It takes deep knowledge and a relentless pursuit of perfection. As a Quality Engineer on our team, you’ll:
- Work with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing
- Develop test plans, testing resource requirements, and scheduling of testing activity
- Execute test cases/scripts, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing
- Drive development of automation and testing in a CD/CI environment
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Experience writing automated tests and custom automation frameworks
- 5+ years of technical experience in a software development organization with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Science (preferably Computer Science, Engineering or other related disciplines)
- Has exposure to a variety of distributed infrastructure technologies and systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Deals well with ambiguous/under defined problems; able to think abstractly
- Eagerness to work iteratively and collaboratively to build new software
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, API testing ,GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Hands on experience with at least 2 or more of leading testing tools/framework like Selenium, Test NG , Jmeter or Protractor
- Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, CI/CD
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 21, 2019, 9:38:53 AM