American Express Careers
Head of Acquisition
Head of Acquisition Merchant Services Nordics
At American Express we believe that providing exceptional service to our customers is the company’s greatest asset and we strive every single day to be the world’s most respected service brand.
As a global service company, we endeavor to constantly reinvent our ways of working and to continuously improve our products, services and knowledge in order to deliver high premium quality all around.
American Express offers its employees great career opportunities and a challenging and interesting work environment in which continuous development and personal growth are the main points of focus. In addition, intercompany-support is highly encouraged and best-practices from the various markets are shared on a frequent basis.
This key role within the Nordic Merchant Services Acquisition team is responsible for executing the regional and market sales strategy with focus on Sweden and Norway, leading sales to strategic merchants and management of a team of sales representatives who acquire small, mid to large sized merchant accounts within the Nordics.
The successful candidate will be a highly effective team and people leader, responsible for achieving and exceeding the market’s sales targets through diligent management and coaching of the team to deliver world-class sales performance.
- Work with VP Head of Nordics & Baltics to execute regional and market acquisition plan.
- Develop business strategies to grow acceptance and successfully execute on a strategic market acquisition plan.
- Manage and lead a team of Merchant Acquisition Sales Representatives who sell to mid and large sized merchant accounts.
- Meet and exceed sales targets (new booked charge volume & new active locations).
- Develop and executive appropriate prospecting and sales planning to drive new merchant acquisition aimed at driving profitable volume growth, significantly closing coverage gaps and improving card member perception of American Express coverage in the market.
- Develop, manage and maintain sales pipeline to ensure delivery of set sales volume targets.
- Ongoing monitoring of overall team and individual sales performance to identify best-practice and increase sales closure rates.
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring of the sales team in order for them to be able to continuously grow, develop and challenge themselves.
- Identify and provide appropriate sales tools and training (incl. sales role plays) on a regular basis to drive best-in class sales performance.
- Ensure all acquisition tasks and contracts are correctly logged, tracked and approved in Merchant Force (Salesforce) CRM system through the appropriate use of opportunities, leads and the sales pipeline.
- Ensure all acquisition occurs in full compliance with the American Express Global Merchant Acquisition Policy.
- Ensure a flawless E2E tool process.
- Close co-ordination with Amex network teams to provide network solutions to merchants.
- Close collaboration with the remote telesales team in Madrid.
- Work closely with relevant American Express business units (issuing partners), legal and compliance teams, the EMEA pricing team and Centers of Excellence, supporting existing initiatives and identifying/driving new business opportunities.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven track record of selling to strategic B2B customers in multiple industries.
- Strong Consultative Selling Skills including excellent relationship building, time management and presentation skills.
- People leadership experience, in a sales, consultative or client management environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive results.
- Strong team player who can work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Highly resourceful, independent and able to work with all levels internally and externally.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to negotiate, build relationship with business partners – ‘executive presence’.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with SalesForce.com or similar CRM systems.
- Good knowledge of PC skills and internet savvy.
- Excellent written and spoken English; native Swedish speaker, knowledge of Norwegian langauge is higly meritorious
- Strong understanding and possible network of the Nordic payment landscape and/or retail, supermarket and/or e-commerce business would be a distinctive advantage.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 27, 2019, 5:04:48 AM