American Express Careers
Senior Financial Analysis Manager- Business Systems Integration
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This is a Band 30 position.
Purpose of the Role:
The position requires representing AXP Finance in business facing investment initiatives e.g. new product launch, revenue enhancements, controls and compliance, system implementation, etc .
• Support multiple initiatives by representing Finance to deliver accounting, reporting and balancing & control requirements
• The position requires engaging relevant Finance stakeholders on the project to gather requirements and work with Cross functional teams such as Business and Technologies to ensure seamless delivery
• Assessment of system functionality, business requirements, subsequent testing (UAT) of financial data and ensuring quality of all financial deliverables
• Ensure compliance to AEMP16 in support of processing and balancing controls to ensure data integrity and controls
• Assess risks due to financial implications, recommend process re-design, accounting flow in line with AMEX policies/US GAAP and escalating on high risk issues proactively including raising Risk memos as appropriate
• Create Finance Project documentation and ensure seamless Change Management with Finance Process groups
• Proactively setting up periodic calls and setting expectations, seeking feedbacks and communicating update on Project deliverables
• Good understanding of Amex financial and operating systems and the dynamics of the Amex business
QualificationsCritical Factors to Success:
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
• Minimum 3 years of experience with Card accounting (AXP Card Accounting preferred) and reporting processes, including financial and regulatory reporting.
• Professional qualification - Preferred (CA/MBA) with minimum 3 years of post-qualification experience or a Graduate with 6 years of experience.
• Strong Project Management Skills
• Good understanding of AXP Finance processes
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently with complex, unstructured Initiatives
• Flexibility and adaptability to work within tight deadlines and changing priorities
• Strong communication & interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Candidates with prior experience in Project Management and/or strong knowledge of Finance Process will be preferred
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2019, 3:27:00 AM