American Express Careers
Junior Java Engineer
- Perform aspects of software development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code / API's, Front End Web-Development, Full Stack exposure
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Produce software builds
- Conduct quantitative research as per requirements of the placement team, development using Python and SQL
- Debug software components, identify, fix and verify remediation of code defects
- Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Software development experience within multiple Global Financial services organisations
- Work experience as part of an agile team
- Experience of working on Cloud based platform
- Experience of quantitative research and data visualisation
- Knowledge of Databases
- Experience with automation, algorithms, algebra
- Can identify opportunities for innovation and change
- Passion for technology
- Desire to learn
- Desire to share learning/coach or mentor others
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical business partners
- Capable of working well in a team environment and contributing
- Enrolled in or completed a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or have equivalent experience
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 25, 2019, 7:01:00 PM