American Express Careers
Manager/ Sr. Manager - US Data Strategy & Insights (Large Market & Global Clients)
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. To maintain success, accelerating sales and driving profitable charge volume growth are essential for the organization. The Global Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team, within GCS, is instrumental in ensuring achievement of these objectives.
The Manager position within DS&I offers the opportunity to be part of this dynamic organization. The incumbent will play a critical role in developing growth strategies to increase performance and drive execution while working alongside key business partners across GCS.
The Manager of US DS&I will support the US GCS Executive Reporting team in providing monthly results presentations, analyzing performance trends and making strategic recommendations across all US GCS segments (Large Market, Small/Medium Enterprises). The individual will also be responsible for recommending insightful, actionable and sustainable business solutions to drive profitable charge volume growth, improve margins and deepen client entrenchment.
- Analyzing entire suite of GCS US data (Charge Volume, Losses, Signings, etc) to deliver key insights and tools
- Driving thought leadership on highly strategic business initiatives and creating growth opportunities with innovative and breakthrough thinking
- Using a global perspective to identify and leverage best practices that help Sales, Account Development and Marketing organizations within each segment to grow their portfolios and elevate the Customer experience
- Collaborating with business partners to garner feedback to guide and enhance analysis
- Expertise in advanced Excel techniques and Power Point required
- Basic understanding of SAS and SQL is preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience; Master's Degree or equivalent preferred
- Ability to conceptualize complex, abstract ideas into solid, tangible representations through reasoning, mathematics and statistics
- Proven ability to learn skills and knowledge on demand in a compressed timeline
- Ability to research independently with a strong sense of discipline and responsibility
- Ability to communicate findings and methodology with senior level executives and team members with confidence
- A strong sense of responsibility and ability to operate with composure and reliability in a time sensitive environment
- Comfort working independently and handling uncertainty when exploring data to uncover insights
- Strong analytical thinking and commitment to excellence, including a drive to take initiative and generate ideas for further research into business trends
- Solid project management skills
- Ability to build and retain strong working relationships
- Willingness and ability to teach and educate other colleagues and business partners
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2019, 12:24:35 PM