American Express Careers
- Being the initial liaison and primary communication of the VP office for all leaders and teams, including external clients/partners.
- Organization and maintenance of the VP’s calendar using a high level of integrity, managing across leaders and different time zones. Proactively review calendar for conflicts that might occur in future weeks and make necessary adjustments.
- Organizing internal and external meetings including team events, making all necessary arrangements including sending invitations, identifying delegates as needed, booking rooms, ensuring needed equipment is in place and operational, and arranging catering.
- Making travel arrangements including air, hotel and transfers.
- Assisting the VP with appropriate capturing of meeting minutes.
- Assisting the VP with appropriate email delegation, acknowledging receipt/replies on behalf of, etc.
- Ensuring timely preparation and processing of expense reports and invoices.
- Creation and editing of the organization charts.
- Maintenance of the departmental distribution lists and location summary.
- Manage departmental asset inventory management, supplies & services procurement and other administrative support tasks.
- Manage convenience moves and other real estate needs of the team.
- Ad hoc project work as directed by leadership.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as administrative assistant supporting Executives within a large corporate business or similar environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with VP’s and handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and integrity.
- Exercise good judgment in managing the day-to-day responsibilities of the office.
- Experience with a wide range of administrative tasks that creates and supports an organized and efficient environment, including organizing large meetings and arranging travel.
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated.
- Thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environment; ability to multi-task and prioritize own work.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative to anticipate the needs of the VP office.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy, particularly calendaring.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; Team player with positive outlook and "can do" attitude.
- Desire to learn and open to feedback.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within established timeframes and demonstrates flexibility.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and under pressure, as needed.
- Understanding and appreciation of key customer relationships (internal & external).
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Working knowledge of SharePoint administration preferred.
- Knowledge of American Express platforms (i.e. Concur, Ariba, XCarrier, IT Service Catalog, etc.) is preferred.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 27, 2019, 12:36:10 PM