American Express Careers
Senior Engineer Java
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- You're an awesome developer, including with Java.
- You might have a Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline, or maybe you have tons of hard-won experience. If you have the skills, let's talk!
- You will hit the ground running, immersing yourself in our team culture. Our team demands excitement and camaraderie–we WALK together, and we ROCK together.
- You are willing to learn new technologies, interrupt old patterns, try on new hats, and help your teammates succeed!
- Tech Skills:
- We also code a bit in Python and Go, so nice if you're able to handle yourself there.
- Comfortable with modern software development practices and trends.
- Be into open source, and understand how to include in projects.
- Data stores: we use Oracle, Couchbase, MongoDB, Redis, etc., etc.
- We build CLOUD-NATIVE applications! Familiarity with PaaS is helpful, as is Docker.
- We automate everything around here, and have a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy on inefficient processes. We insist that you feel the same way, and are willing to DELIVER on this!
- Tell Us WHY
- * Include with your job application, a paragraph explaining why YOU are the perfect person for this job. Put this in the top of your resume/CV.*
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2019, 8:14:49 AM