American Express Careers
Team Leader Quality
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Team Leader will be responsible for leading a team of monitoring analysts who reviews calls and cases from US Market CEN, identifying potential fraud and regulatory exposure as well as identifying key trends and risks to the business. They will establish and lead relationships with the production leaders to ensure timely and consistent follow up on procedural non-adherence, and will partner with other members of the Governance organization in identifying procedural gaps and potential solutions to persistent areas of concern. Leading the team involves providing consistent coaching and development, setting and measuring individual and team performance goals, and conducting team and network calibrations.
- Manage the performance of Quality Analysts as well as the Quality Team's
- Evaluate team performance on an on-going basis and provide continuous coaching and feedback to their QAs
- Collaborate with business partners’ functional leaders to improve procedural/ regulatory opportunities identified by team
- Work closely with Compliance leads supporting GRPA to ensure team is aligned with regulatory requirements
- Analyses results, identifies and designs solutions, presents recommendations to management, and manages gap closure
- Regularly reviews processes and procedures for effective controls.
- Partner with Compliance and Process Owners to establish and follow through on Corrective Action Plans.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- At least 2 years Team Lead experience in Quality
- Tenured employee with proven ability to lead and manage a high performing team.
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to coach and lead employees
- Preferably with strong knowledge of CEN/CSN operational policies and procedures
- Ability to provide effective feedback to all levels of management.
- Strong organizational / time management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated follow-up and conflict resolution skills
- Strong relationship building skills, highly engaged and a really good team player
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to drive results under tight timelines and handle multiple tasks concurrently
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 27, 2019, 9:22:38 PM