American Express Careers
- Provide strong leadership and oversight over the design and development of web applications globally.
- Apply a user-centered approach and is passionate about building better digital experiences for real people.
- Be a compelling storyteller with experience communicating complex technical concepts and ideas to engineers and non-engineers alike.
- Be a change agent and willing to challenge status quo while helping to drive the necessary changes.
- Provide technology leadership; inspire your team and proactively bring new ideas, technologies, and methodologies to the table.
- Coach and mentor the professional and technical development of your team members, maximizing team productivity and growing their careers by understanding your team’s skill levels, working styles, motivations, and professional goals.
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders, stakeholders, developers, designers and product owners to understand and develop technical solutions that deliver strong business outcomes.
- Oversee agile, iterative, predictable product development at large scale.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to provide strategic and technical leadership.
- Strong technical background demonstrated by growing through multiple engineering leadership roles of increasing seniority.
- Possess a good blend of business and technical aptitude and has a strong desire to learn new things as well as research customer insights, trends and business challenges.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience building and shipping well-loved large scale web products.
- Experience managing large engineering teams using a servant leadership mindset.
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts
- 5+ years of experience leading project teams to take projects from concept to completion
- 2+ years experience as a hands-on architect with the ability to design and architect large scale web applications
- Collaborate with the delivery teams to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation.
- Strong Experience in UI Frameworks such as NodeJS, AngularJS and React
- Strong understanding of SOA, Restful, Event Driven, and Microservices technologies for large scale environments.
- Deep understanding of quality standards and best practices, TDD/BDD concepts, and automation best practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be comfortable delivering presentations to small and large groups including executive level management internally and externally.
- Experience with matrix organizations consisting of cross-functional teams and experience in driving large-scale change efforts.
- Hands on experience with technology planning and road mapping
- Ability to drive innovation in practical, actionable way
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 27, 2019, 12:00:21 PM