American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
- Work within and across tech and business units to prioritize, plan and execute the development schedule for new capabilities
- Manage and track team velocity, financials and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the teams work across multiple engineering, infrastructure and third parties
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues and changes tied to the team’s capability development initiatives
- Creates both business and tech-facing materials to clearly illustrate the teams work, beyond technical documentation
- Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high-quality and clearly documented
- Stakeholder management - assisting to prioritize and set expectations when competing project deadlines arise
- Works with tech partners and architects to identify solutions and business process improvements
- May perform hands-on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts and results in addressing delivery impediments or quality issues.
- As a TPM, drive the development and delivery of technical products and solutions for our platform/customers
- Deep understanding of all aspects of software design, with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Manage and track team velocity and other KPIs in relation to the project/program and its plan
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across the team, solving and where needed escalating impediments.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without itThis high energy TPM must have:
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline
- 6+ years of Software Project Management experience
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives as well as challenges and support the team in delivering
- Ability to drive projects end-2-end, work with a diverse set of teams and challenge the status quo
- Willingness to learn new technologies, experiment and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers.
- Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2019, 9:07:36 AM