American Express Careers
Don’t live life without it.
The Executive Assistant is a critical member of the Digital workplace, Content and Collaboration team who will directly support Digital Workplace VP’s by providing high-level administrative support. The EA not only provides organizational support and ensures that the team’s logistical needs are met, but also helps to promote a positive atmosphere.
This role is for a busy VP that requires strong administrative support, includes:
- Calendar management (meeting scheduling and logistical coordination)
- Town Halls planning and coordination
- Coordination of onsite & offsite meetings with vendors
- Phone, email, and voicemail support
- T&E management
- International & domestic travel arrangements
- Become focal point of contact for the VP, team and C\\vendors
- Organizational support includes personnel-related tasks (on-boarding and off-boarding employees, maintenance of organizational charts, business continuity planning)
- Supply management
- Attendance tracking, and other ad-hoc projects
- You will be given as much responsibility as you are interested in and capable of managing
- Team player that works with other EAs to coordinate complex meetings/events for the VP & the team, establishing and maintaining an organized filing and tracking system
- Calendar management is critical for the success of the organization & VPs, annual planning for events, town halls, onsite & offsite meetings, following meetings cadence when planning meetings across all levels
- Flexible with changing priorities and meeting changes to accommodate other leaders & team calendars
- Coordination of complex internal & external meetings, across multiple time zones, and management of calendar conflicts
- Managing logistics for all necessary arrangements including sending invitations, reserving space, audio, Telepresence & visual setup and production of meeting materials when applicable
- Planning and hosting of VP site visits, team events that may include attendee invites, hotel/transportation arrangements, conference room reservations, catering/restaurant reservations, team-building activities and production of materials.
- Ensuring timely preparation and processing of expense reports; tracking and processing of invoices
- Organizing regular team meetings, 1:1s with direct reports, other team members, staff meetings and round table meetings
- Managing general follow-up and generating reminders in order to effectively meet deadlines and commitments
- Support the on-boarding and off-boarding of team members and contractors by leveraging appropriate processes/partners/tools to submit requests into Ariba, procuring laptops/PCs, office supplies, workspace, phones, Corporate Cards, conference bridges, and HR administration.
- Managing the procurement process including researching and approving invoices, and researching standard accounting errors
- Time keeping and submission for the VP, managing travel arrangements including air, hotel, transfers, and agendas
- Bachelor Degree
- A positive can-do attitude
- Complex calendar management experience is a must
- Travel booking experience is required
- Must have an excellent command of English, including grammar, syntax, and diction. Previous personal international travel experience is desired
- Must have a desire to understand the goals of the team and the relative importance of various partners and what they do.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with Senior Management and handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated, but understands the key need to be a team player.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to form professional relationships across all areas of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize VPs’ office responsibilities.
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative to anticipate the needs of a complex office.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure and be flexible to changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ability to manage Concur, Ariba Buyer other internal platforms.
- Familiarity with conference tools, (e.g.: Telepresence, WebEx, Skype for Business, etc.)
- Minimum 3-5 years of executive administrative support experience within a large organization.
- Punctual and reliable.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 28, 2019, 4:00:49 PM