American Express Careers
Sr Analyst-Risk Management
- Provide Governance over all Operational Excellence program requirements for the US Consumer Lending business; ensuring there is adequate accountability, ownership and progress on all initiatives.
- Conduct Operational Risk Assessment for all New Products, Capabilities and complex initiatives and navigate the New Product Approval process requirements.
- Identify potential risks or process gaps in order to prevent critical process failures.
- Implement robust Post Launch Monitoring, Analytics and Reporting processes around Key Risk Indicators
- Partner with Compliance, Privacy, General Counsel’s office and other key Subject Matter Experts on initiatives to ensure standards/deliverables are achieved.
- Partner with the Issue Resolution team to identify trends and root causes of failure; implement enhancements to prevent such errors from occurring for future launches
- Partner with the PRSA team to ensure risks and controls are updated based on process enhancements and product launches.
- Prior experience in operational risk management, product development, audit or compliance a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in Lending Products and Platforms/Capabilities a plus
- Ability to understand large complex processes and translate technical process jargon into simpler messages suited for all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills / ability to develop relationships with colleagues across multiple business functions
- Team player and self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple workstreams and ad-hoc tasks simultaneously
- Critical thinker, ability to understand complex processes and willing to ask tough questions and challenge status quo
- Strong communication skills to convey insights and thought leadership in identifying emerging risk issues
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience compiling information and developing thoughtful material for presentation
- BA or BS degree
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2019, 5:34:19 PM