American Express Careers
Manager/Sr. Manager - Card Product Development
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the leading payment program provider for corporations and small businesses offering programs and services to help them run and grow their business. GCS is seeking a dynamic individual to join the Card Product Development team to help create and bring to market the next generation of card-related innovative cardmember experiences.
We are seeking a unique individual who excels in a fast paced and ever changing environment. A broad spectrum of skills are required, including strategy and concept development, process design, project management, implementation experience, building and leveraging relationships and influencing partners to drive results.
This is a great opportunity to shape the future direction of GCP Card capabilities while learning our core business, marketing and technology functions through close partnerships with all of the teams required to launch products.
Drive the creation and delivery of multiple new offerings (e.g. cards, benefits, services, and capabilities) by:
- Understanding customer needs and identifying creative ways to leverage technological capabilities and/or other creative solutions to meet those needs
- Providing thought leadership during concept development, end-to-end user experience design, and feasibility assessment
- Effectively engaging multiple cross-functional stakeholders to manage the end to end implementation of a new product launch (e.g. Product Management, Technology, Risk, Marketing, etc.)
- Business Development support for new strategic partnership opportunities (partnership contracting, implementation and integration, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of business experience
- Prior experience with payments and agile product development / delivery; ability to identify and understand business needs and turn them into technology requirements; ability to understand the details of complex processes and an orientation toward process improvement and innovation
- Creative and innovative thinker who is comfortable with ambiguity and evolving strategies
- Ability to manage end-to-end product development process in a highly disciplined fashion
- Extremely strong project management, collaboration, influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Comfort working with all types of partners – marketers, engineers, external partners, designers, legal counsel, etc. – within a highly matrixed environment
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency, positive attitude and the ability to excel in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Embodies a "team" mentality in all that you do, with a proven ability to take ownership for progressing project delivery despite what is on a roles and responsiblities matrix
- Bachelor's Degree required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2019, 4:52:34 PM