American Express Careers
Information SecuritySpecialist - Data Protection Delivery
It’s more than protecting systems and data.
It’s protecting people.
Our Information Security Managers know that security is a top priority for our business and our partners and customers. Today, as cyber-attacks increase and compliance is more rigorously enforced, we look to them to stay ahead of what’s next and to protect our business and our future. So if you are dedicated to the latest technology and motivating others, secure your career here.
You won’t just see the problem coming, you’ll see the solution.
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Emerging Technologies
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Risk Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Business Case Development
- Industry and Company Knowledge
Do you have what it takes to lead the way in cyber security?
- Minimum of 5 years Information Technology experience.
- Experience in both Mainframe and Distributed systems.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- Strong knowledge of data protection techniques for various technologies (encryption, tokenization, masking, hashing, etc.) to provide appropriate coverage for company information assets.
- Comprehensive understanding of cryptographic solutions and how they are applied to data-at-rest, data-in-transit, and data-in-use.
- Familiarity with transparent encryption technologies for file systems and/or databases.
- Prior experience utilizing de-identification methods, such as masking, redaction, and hashing.
- Experience with established industry Information Security practices.
- Previous Information Security role.
- Understanding of data protection laws, regulations, policies, and standards
- Skills in SQL, Java, and/or .NET.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2019, 12:19:38 PM