Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This position works closely with director/managers in Consumer (ICS) Finance group to support activities of the department to achieve the goals.
Responsible areas and specific tasks are assigned to him or her based on the skills covering following areas:
• Support to monitor/analyze business metrics/results on a monthly basis, and closely communicate with the reporting team in Financial Center East (India) to identify any major variances. Is responsible for assigned Business metrics (e.g. Billing numbers), P&L lines (e.g. Operating Expense) and P&L categories.
• Support to prepare Forecasts and Annual budget for Consumer (ICS) business. Is responsible for specific Product Line and PL categories.
• Support Manager to prepare Long Range Plans. Is responsible for specific Product Line or P&L categories.
• Analyze consumer business economics and actual behaviors. Propose business solutions or actions to drive business.
• Analyze investment initiatives. The work includes validation of financial/business assumptions and evaluation of returns using specific financial model. (ROI, NPV, Payback assessment)
• Support Manager to provide financial analysis for business decisions regarding marketing/sales/other initiatives. Examples are: New product/Service development, Pricing changes, Alliance and partnership deals, Reengineering.
• Work closely with other business groups and Finance functions in international – Consumer (ICS) business teams, Risk Management, Local Finance, HQ Finance, Financial Center East
• Support to prepare presentation materials.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
1. Basic finance knowledge (i.e. P&L, Balance Sheet, Accounting)
2. Strong technical skills in Excel and Power Point. AXP database (TM1, Essbase, Oracle) skills preferred.
3. A good team player with ability to support / contribute to Consumer (ICS) Finance
4. Has strong mind set to work on multiple tasks under time pressure.
5. Good communication skills to work with various business functions and other Finance departments (Japanese and English) – Email, Telephone, Meeting, Conference call
6. Good understanding on AXP Consumer Card, Lending products is preferred
7. Data analyzing skills with Tableau, Cornerstone (HIVE) is preferred
8. MBA and or CPA qualified (or studying towards) are preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2019, 12:16:20 AM