American Express Careers
Customer Care Professional-Commercial Servicing Network
American Express is an admired brand, with solutions and service as the perennial attributes clients use to describe us. On occasion, we have the unique opportunity to add new talented professionals to our sales and service organization.
Individuals that have a winning attitude, coupled with demonstrated success in customer service, relationship building talents and with an excellent aptitude to position and sell products are the only candidates that need apply. American Express has the best payment products in the world, and we are looking for the few individuals that possess the skills to serve the best customers in the world, ours.
As the face and voice of the American Express brand you will make a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers, and grow your career. Our unique servicing philosophy, Relationship Care for Business® puts your passion to serve and your drive to match customer needs with products at the center of every customer interaction, creating an opportunity to deliver unique value to our American Express SBS Customers.
If you possess the above experience, skills and share our values of providing remarkable experience for customers, and selling products to meet the needs of our clients then we look forward to receiving your application and speaking with you.
This position will be located onsite within our service center located at 20022 N. 31st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85027. The hours of operation will fall within a 24/7 environment. The start date for this position will be June 3rd, 2019. After the 90 day training commitment, first and second shift hours will be available.
What would you do every day as a Customer Care Professional?
- Service inbound calls while engaging and consulting with small business owners and decision makers, learn about their needs and recommend the right American Express SBS products
- Deliver high levels of product and service knowledge to clearly communicate appropriate product features, benefits and other elements of American Express SBS small business services
- Continuously improve on key selling skills, including building rapport, understanding customer needs, handling objections and closing sales
- Provide extraordinary customer care by responding to questions concerning accounts in a fast paced, structured customer care environment
- Document necessary account information according to established policies and procedures
- Integrity: Adhere to all Regulatory and Compliance guidelines related to servicing and sales practices
*Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.*
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Customer service experience (two years+) with a passion for building customer loyalty through exceptional listening, consultative relationship building, resourcefulness and strong written and verbal communication
- Proven success in a customer service and sales environment (two years+)
- Ability to work in a fast paced metric driven environment with proficient multitasking and navigation in a web based environment
- Experience owning or working in a small business is a plus
- This position operates in a 24/7 environment and we are currently hiring for day and early evening hours
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred; Education benefits available
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 1, 2019, 12:07:04 PM