American Express Careers
Automation Technical Project Manager
- Build and providing leadership for a high-performance team of software engineers
- Develop and own an enterprise software platform
- Learning new technologies and building integrations into many platforms
- Creating a strong technical foundation; able to define architecture and design, and get under the hood of complex architectures, systems, and interface design
- Be a technology evangelist and innovator introducing new tools and technologies to American Express.
- Challenging status quo, demonstrating risk taking, and implementing creative ideas
- Collaborate successfully with product, designers, and a broad set of internal technical partners (across multiple internal groups)
- Ensure product releases are high quality, deliver excellent user experiences, perform seamlessly at scale, and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Partner with peers to identify opportunities for code sharing, common services, joint application development, etc.
- Own and lead HR processes such as performance reviews, talent development, etc.
- 10+ years of Software Development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of Engineers.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
- Experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in the technology space and the ability to influence and optimize input from key stakeholders in the standard setting process
- Proven ability to participate in, and contribute simultaneously to, multiple work streams including planning, logistics, communication, and follow up across a diverse and virtual team
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 1, 2019, 5:46:41 PM