American Express Careers
Analyst - Global Network Services, Analytics
- Prioritize analytic needs among 100+ Acquiring and Issuing bank partners in 90+ countries.
- Provide Analytics consultation to AXP Business Development (BD) and Marketing colleagues and to Acquiring and Issuing bank partners.
- Leverage existing AXP Reports and Predictive Models to improve performance on several metrics: merchant coverage, DBV, ending cards in force, billed business, and profitability.
- Identify and develop new Reports and Predictive Models to address remaining analytic needs.
- Collaborate with other Blue Box Analytic teams to develop new Reports and Predictive Models:
- Reports: Global Business Services (GBS) Sales & Business Enablement (SABE)
- Predictive Models: Enterprise Digital & Analytics (ED&A)
Report to the Director of GNS Analytics
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and measurement.
- Ability to drive business insights from the data and provide actionable steps.
- Experience using a broad set of analytical tools and techniques for – data mining, data cleansing, data extraction, data analysis and transformation, data interpretation and insights, and turn-key reporting solutions.
- SAS coding experience in a business environment (i.e. standard SAS/SQL functions, monitoring jobs, reviewing log files, macros, etc.).
- Experience with various in-house reporting tools to pull ad hoc reports and perform strategic analysis.
- Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/Engineering/Statistics/Economics.
- Previous experience with any of the follow areas is a plus:
- Tableau and excel VBA to build automated reports
- Big Data techniques (i.e. KNN, Gradient Boosting Machine, Random Forest, etc,
- Ability to work independently with regional partners - BD and Marketing colleagues /customers to deliver on valuable analytics and actionable insights.
- Cultivate strong work relationships with key stakeholders and collaborators (e.g. GBS SABE, ED&A, GMNS central business performance team, etc.).
- Effective in written and verbal communication with partners located globally.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2019, 1:24:02 PM