American Express Careers
VP - Product Owner - Authorizations Platform Modernization
VP, Product Owner - Authorization Platform Modernization
At American Express we are focused on providing the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. Amex’s Risk Management capabilities are at the core of delivering the superior customer experience while managing credit and fraud losses at lowest levels in the industry. With our mix of assets like closed-loop data, machine learning models, underwriting techniques on a modern technology stack we are re-imagining how payment experiences & risk management converge in a more modern, digital and connected world.
In order to deliver on the vision, the Credit and Fraud Risk Capabilities (CFRC) team is driving the roadmap for modernizing risk platforms while enabling new business capabilities. Modernizing the Authorizations platform, is a key strategic imperative to uplift an aging infrastructure and provide new capabilities to enable rapid innovation and growth. We are looking for a VP of Authorization Platforms who will drive the vision and strategy for modernization of this platform. The role involves working with engineering leaders to convert the product vision into a well-managed development roadmap with a set release cycle. This is a technology facing role defining software product vision, ensuring flexible and global system/capability design, grooming user stories, prioritizing work for scrum team using program increments.
The successful individual ensures that the new platform meets the evolving needs of the enterprise through continuous innovation, evaluation and deployment. This role requires strong organizational, technical, creative problem-solving and stakeholder management skills and have the ability to influence across multiple levels of leadership. This person must work well in a dynamic, complex environment and under deadline pressures and be able to coordinate the efforts of a large Agile team (stakeholders, designers, developers and analytics) to deploy the new platform across markets and products.
This is an exciting and critical role that will help drive the future roadmap of the global platform for enabling best in class authorizations decisions at American Express. You’ll work among high performing design, product and engineering teams. We are looking for someone who is deeply inquisitive, enjoys creative problem solving, has a strong attention to details, and has an entrepreneurial background and a maniacal focus on driving results, platform performance and high availability.
Does the above sound like you?
- Gather platform & business process modernization requirements based on current state and future needs. Ensure current needs are being met while future is being defined.
- Define and articulate a long-term software product strategy and roadmap with clearly defined business metrics and outcomes
- Lead a team of 10+ product owners including 1-2 directors.
- Translate roadmap into well-defined requirements and acceptance criteria
- Understand competitive best practices, external trends and integrate them into software product strategies.
- Work closely with the technology team to develop the best-in-class architecture that delivers high availability (100%), millisecond performance, and high quality software on a modern stack using high compute, in-memory databases, scalable on external cloud.
- Identify and prioritize the list of platform optimization opportunities & recommendations
- Ensure best in class agile software development processes are in place
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders in creating the software product roadmap
The successful candidate will have:
- 10+ years of experience in leading high performing agile teams in launching platforms and products working across a mix of consumer, enterprise, and internal tools.;
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- Loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
- The ability to set a high bar for your team and empower them to achieve great results
- A “driver” personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Enthusiasm and passion for great platforms, products and services and an ability to articulate platform functionality; ·
- Experience working with super highly available & performant software using high compute, in-memory databases, and cloud technologies.
- User-centricity - examples from your past of product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users’ problems.
- Understanding of the evolving highly competitive business environment and how to create a flexible and scalable platform that meets regulatory and security requirements;·
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment;
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability;
- An ability to solve complex problems and a highly analytical approach
- Master’s Degree (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline required
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 4, 2019, 10:32:38 AM