American Express Careers
Compliance Analyst - Complaints
It is essential that candidate has an excellent understanding of Spain’s Consumer Protection and Complaints management regulatory environment.
As a member of the Spanish compliance team, the candidate will assist in handling a variety of compliance related matters on the complaints management arena, assist in implementation of policies and procedures to achieve compliance with legal obligations and Company policy, Compliance monitoring and testing, support any compliance-related internal or external audits as well as regulatory inspections, define and support implementation of corrective action plans, provide guidance to the business and perform compliance-related training programs.
More precisely, this position will have responsibility to support continuous development of Spain Complaints management program including:
- Management of required updates to the Spanish Compliance Complaints management procedure.
- Support training activities to operational teams handling customer complaints on first instance.
- Coordinate with American Express Enterprise Complaints Office for program updates, monitoring activities and root cause analysis.
- Management of upheld customer complaints referred to the SAC (Servicio de Atencion al Cliente) from operative teams supporting Spain market and/or other jurisdictions in scope of Spain regulations in continental Europe.
- Management of customer complaints directly addressed to the SAC (Servicio de Atencion al Cliente).
- Management of Bank of Spain escalated customer complaints
- Support the Market Compliance Officer in providing the relevant updates on complaint management to Senior Management and Board of Directors including production of Annual Report.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years of working experience on Complaints Management related matters in a Credit or Payment institution.
- University degree (law degree would be a plus).
- Analytical skills. Proficient on MS Office.
- Knowledge of company operating processes within a multinational company such as Amex is a plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and influencing skills. Excellent Spanish legal written skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with business, stakeholders and partners.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written is a must.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 3, 2019, 4:21:06 AM