American Express Careers
Don’t live life without it.
- Work within and across tech and business units to prioritize, plan and execute the development schedule for new capabilities
- Manage and track team velocity, financials and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the teams work across multiple engineering, infrastructure and third parties
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues and changes tied to the teams capability development initiatives
- Creates both business and tech-facing materials to clearly illustrate the teams work, beyond technical documentation
- Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high-quality and clearly documented
- Stakeholder management - assisting to prioritize and set expectations when competing project deadlines arise
- Works with tech partners and architects to identify solutions and business process improvements
- May perform hands-on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts and results in addressing delivery impediments or quality issues
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline
- Software Project Management experience preferably using Agile methodologies
- Experience in SAFe preferred
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives as well as challenges and support the team in delivering
- Ability to drive projects end-2-end, work with a diverse set of teams and challenge the status quo
- Willingness to learn new technologies , experiment and exploit them to their optimal potential
- PMI certification is a plus
- Scrum Master certification is a plus
- As a SME, drive the development and delivery of technical products and solutions for our platform/customers
- Deep understanding of all aspects of software design, with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Manage and track team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the project/program and its plan
- Drive program, release level and enterprise improvement and standardization activities using SAFe as the primary framework
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams, solving and where needed escalating impediments
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Experience managing project budgets and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers.
- Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
- Use technical acumen to provide design alternatives and support team in technical issue resolution.
- Experience using Rally agile delivery management platform is a plus
- Experience with web services and open API development, as well as SOA concepts, is a plus
- Proven track record of working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Proven ability to manage change in dynamic, ambiguous environment and ability to influence without direct authority among peers and with leaders
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2019, 11:13:22 AM