American Express Careers
Information Security Analyst I
Information Security Analyst – IT Risk and Controls – PRSA
It’s more than protecting information, it’s protecting people.
Information Security Analysts know security is a top priority for our business, our partners, and customers. As cyber-attacks increase and compliance is rigorously enforced, they strive to stay ahead of what’s next to protect our brand and future. The IT Risk and Controls team works across both information security and technology groups to identify risks and assist with control development and metrics determination to enable continuous control monitoring. It is the security and technology controls team’s responsibility to develop a common understanding of risk across multiple business units within American Express, enabling the enterprise to identify and respond to IT and IS risks while ensuring regulatory and compliance requirements are met
What you’ll be doing
You won’t just see the problem, you’ll drive the solution.
On a daily basis you will be asked to:
• Work with stakeholders within information technology and information security to identify risks and assist with control implementation recommendations.
• Perform design assessments on current technology controls to identify potential improvement opportunities.
• Review metrics to support operating effectiveness conclusions and enable continuous control monitoring.
• Perform thematic root-cause analysis on recurring technology caused events to identify unmitigated risks and areas for control enhancements.
• Ensure various compliance requirements (SOX, BASEL, GLBA, etc) are met through implementation of controls
• Refine risk libraries and associated questionnaires to ensure business teams are appropriately addressing technology and information security risk.
• Keep up-to-date on new regulations, compliance requirements, and official guidance from industry related organizations.
• Drive creative thinking to generate insights, alternatives, and technical terms within key areas of technology.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Do you have what it takes to lead the way in cyber security?
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
• CISA, CISM, or CRISC preferred.
• 3 years of relevant experience required, 5+ years preferred.
• Experience with development and/or assessment of technology controls required. Experience with information security controls preferred.
• Experience with assessing technology risks and development of controls to mitigate risks.
• Experience in at least 3 of the following key technology or information security domains: application security, identity and access management, change management, incident and problem management, event management, SDLC and application development, service continuity/availability, and IT Asset and Configuration management.
• Experience in automation and data analytics to enable process improvement preferred.
• Audit and compliance experience preferred.
• Banking or Financial Services industry experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new competencies on the job while driving results.
• Ability to meet deadlines in a multi-tasked environment.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and presentation.
At the core of Information Security.
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
• Agile Best Practices (Understanding the framework and how to apply)
• Emerging Technologies (Cloud, Blockchain, etc)
• Analytical Thinking (Analyzing complex information and identifying the most relevant details)
• Technical Process Improvement
• Information Risk Management
• Collaboration & Teamwork
• Industry and Company Knowledge
• NIST, ISO, PCI, NYDFS, etc.
• RSA Archer toolset
Who we are
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Inclusive, creative, thorough, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 13, 2019, 6:07:34 AM