American Express Careers
Marketing Analyst- Servicing & Experience
Marketing Analyst – Merchant Servicing & Experience Marketing
The U.S. Merchant Marketing organization falls within Global Merchant Services (GMS), the merchant network at American Express that manages the relationships with the millions of merchants around the world that accept American Express Cards. GMS serves as a merchant acquirer, payments processor and marketing partner for merchants of all sizes, including small, regional, national and global businesses.
GMS Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. It is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate merchant coverage and enhance the value of American Express acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the center of one of the highest priorities for American Express and Global Merchant Services: growing the number of merchants that actively accept American Express and ensuring they have a world-class customer experience every day.
This position sits on the U.S. Merchant Marketing team responsible for marketing communications to small, regional and national merchants around the servicing experience, specifically around disputes, pricing and managing their American Express account online. We do this through direct-to-merchant multi-channel marketing strategies and through partnerships with sales people and client managers in the field.
The Marketing Analyst, Servicing & Experience Marketing is one of the most critical positions on the team, working across several managers and internal and external partners to execute marketing campaigns, manage budget, analyze performance metrics, develop and package insights, and help the team run effectively and efficiently.
• Support reporting needs and leverage insights to identify trends that will help the team or managers make informed decisions
• Support Marketing Managers by owning the end to end campaign execution process
• Develop and submit mail plans for multi-channel marketing campaigns (as needed)
• Manage the relationship and day-to-day communication with key partners in execution (email service provider, creative agency, etc.)
• Facilitate creative and stakeholder reviews
• Partner with Brand, Legal, and Global Marketing Operations to seek relevant approvals
• Ensure all marketing communications are properly tagged for tracking purposes
• Perform quality testing on campaigns prior to deployment
• Manage collateral inventories
• Master Amex marketing execution, ensuring operational excellence, continually developing and documenting best practices, and proactively offering your expertise across the team
• Manage the team budget and all associated processes such as tracking forecasts, YTD spend and remaining funds, and processing invoices and accruals.
• Partner with Marketing Managers, Budget Managers, Finance, vendors and agencies to ensure utilization and accuracy of budget.
Team Marketing Calendar
• Maintain the team’s marketing calendar, tracking key metrics like topic, key dates and volume.
The successful candidate will be a high-energy, proactive, team player with these skills & attributes:
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills
• Excels at managing time and priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to handle competing deadlines and multiple projects in parallel for multiple stakeholders and with minimal supervision
• Superior attention to detail to ensure flawless end-to-end execution
• Strong written and verbal communication and relationship management skills
• Has the ability to work autonomously
• A quick learner that is resourceful in new situations to study available resources, tap into other’s knowledge and proactively communicate to leaders and team members when/what help is needed
• Constructively works through challenges and proactively seeks solutions
• Ability to analyze and synthesize data, customer insights, and campaign results to make recommendations that will drive team’s goals
• Strong relationship management skills –to collaborate with various internal and external partners to achieve shared objectives
• Can confidently adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
• Demonstrates strong business maturity
• Eager to learn new systems and platforms
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree required, with at least 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience
• Experience with direct marketing (e.g. email, direct mail) and budget is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2019, 11:51:50 AM